Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The longest night

Emotionally naked and exhausted
Sick with helplessness, stuck in confusion
Because I saw you there
 Laying on the cold filthy checkered floor
The white spots now turn to grey
Wetness dampens your corduroy pants
A puddle of urine accumulates under your limp body
I wanted to cradle you in my arms
I couldn't bare to watch your descent
Young queen whom I barely know
Don't be scared of enlightenment
Fighting the truth will leave you screaming for a savior
Hush, hush I know the feeling
Is this it? Is life really this simplistic?
Will we be together in the end?
Will God forgive me for killing apart of myself?
No this is not a dream sweet thing
Push through the darkness to be born into light
Glistening gold flecks in the air
Catch your strength and never let go
There are things that want to devour you  in slow miniscuial bites
But salvation is merely a step away
Forget their doctrine they use to keep your spirit in a box
Don't run from me I'll be here tomorrow
waiting with a smile
I'm neither friend nor foe
I am you

No comments: