Thursday, April 12, 2012

a day with you

I haven't seen you since the snow fell
and we were decorating trees with glowing lights
now the leaves are turning that familiar green
daffodils are sprouting
whispering wishes across the wind
I hope it reaches you
i hope it reaches you and you smile
butterfly kisses so sweet
time seems to be our enemy
I wonder what you will think of me
when I finally gaze at you again
I can't remember what your mouth taste like
but I hold on desperately to this feeling
this feeling that makes you all I want
just to sit in your lap and rest my head on your chest
I can't remember but I know I want you
I want to kiss you so much I'll never forget again
Fall into each groove of your lips
Feel the heat pulse through your hand
wishing we could waste time
sitting on the dock of the bay
humming tunes and watching the clouds tell stories
a day with you is what I'm dreaming of

No comments: