At the coffee shop I found a kitten
She was quite lost and looking for multiple owners
People to cuddle her
Stroke her head
And whisper love songs
She showed me her secret place
On the rooftop where she lost her virginity
Trying to recreate a moment lost, stolen
I never felt more alive then when we engage in the cosmic dance
Two bodies speaking to each other
But now wise beyond my years
I know truth
That dance does not equal a love past when night ends
I want the eternal love of friendship
Not clouded by your sexual intentions
I can't bring myself to feed off the remnants of your transgressions
No food here for you kitten
As beautiful and vibrant as you are
I can't keep you
So let's say our goodbyes
If I run into you again at the coffee shop
We can speak of the tender moment
Two similar strangers shared on the rooftop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment