Friday, December 6, 2013

Breakups

I posed the question
To push you for answers
And I guess you have been pushed too far
Maybe a time or two before me and you
Unannounced to me
I always was the last to find out
Things that deal with my heart
You said nothing
I waited on the stairs crying hoping you would come back and embrace me
You said nothing
So I packed my things
Your self righteous ass met me at the door
Your emotions neatly stacked
Ready to be rid of me
Because you're perfect
We'll I am who I am
The great I am in fact
My mother loves me covered in flaws
So you can pack those empty I love yous and I miss you baby's
Empty words aren't needed here
I'll see you on the other side
Where the grass is greener
And I'll wait to hear the words
"It was more plush where I was standing before"
I'll chuckle and say " damn you didn't know"

No comments: