Monday, September 3, 2012

Tequila mockingbird

Long walks under the  moon when the lights turn out
empty rooms vacant where love was once found
Tequila mockingbird
Just for those deep emotions to be heard
hiding under the cover of strength
we all become naked under the laws of a fifth
He asked me what I'm sippin on
while I laid on his front lawn
a little taste
a little something for those tears to waste
too proud to say I miss you
 to proud to say it's not just you
independence can leave you lonely
a cold heart not concerned with what we should be
a family broken
two paths unkindly chosen
a ripple that effects things that can't be seen on this  night
thoughts that will reveal themselves once I take flight
my heart wasn't ready for this change
tequila mockingbird the adult way to mask this pain

No comments: