Thursday, June 7, 2012

many men to love (how lucky am I)

He smiles with joy radiant as the summer sun.
when he sees me coming.
gives me a big hug like he hasn't seen me for weeks.
then nestles his face in my hair.
how could I not love you?
He has olive skin and long dark hair.
little wisp and curls that dance around your head.
as you strum melodies on a guitar.
he made with his own two hands.
not afraid of perseverance your a hardworking man with a plethora of talents.
you say things like "I want to provide for you".
as you intertwine your fingers in mine.
how could I not love you?
you with your rockstar effortless looks .
gave up dreams of excess and materialism .
to live simply amongst the energy of the mountains.
basking in the delights of a stream flowing .
freely through crevices of stones. twinkling like crystals.
I'm sure he calls it making love.
the he moans with ecstasy from the slightest touch.
a girl can always tell how many lovers a man's taken by his presence.
it means nothing of your technical skills .
but how comforting it is that you have had few and have chosen me.
how could I not love you?
I guess your not the one.
YOU with your wealth of knowledge.
it seems yo have whole books memorized.
on subjects I don not think to ask.
in your company I feel like a philosopher.
two intellects enjoying fine wines and witty banter on a candlelight forge.
how could I not love you?
laying beside you under the winking eyes of the spirits.
wrapped in a blanket.
wrapped in the warmth of the fire.
watching the smoke from the wooden pipe.
escape your lungs.
inhaling your sweet breath.
as we lay on top of sleeping bags in a tent mansion.
cricket chirp music to our sensuous rocking hips.
i scream overcome with pleasure.
a bit too loudly for our camping companions.
how could I not love you?
you introduce me to all your friends with such pride.
a nubian princess gliding through the sand .
saving me from the secrets of my mind .
as I explore other realms.
all the while you were there stroking my hair.
giving me nourishment with every motion.
how could I not love you?
i guess your not the one. him, he, you.
with him time escapes me and has no bounds.
I've dreamed of him since I was a little girl.
even then he was a beautiful creation.
a statuous golden brown sight of deliciousness.
I wanted to devour you.
hit you over the head with a club and drag you back to my layer.
but I could barely bring myself to speak to you.
now we are older and converse on many things.
a friendship that bloomed in late summer. unexpectedly.
then blossomed into nights that seem to end too fast.
our lips barely part before the sun wakes up .
oh him. all I've ever wanted.
but don't pay my love any attention.
I stare at my phone hoping you will call.
my eyes water in vain.
how could I love you?
how did you trick my heart into only yearning for you.
even with he and you I think of him.
I wonder what you're doing wishing I could be apart of it.
melting into a puddle of emotion thinking of him with her
how could I love you? i don't know i just do

No comments: